- This event has passed.
MTGEC 2020 Conference: AGE-FRIENDLY HEALTH CARE IN THE NEW NORMAL
October 20 @ 7:45 am - 4:00 pmFree – $35
Live Virtual Conference: The 2020 Conference will be hosted virtually, via Zoom with 275 available connections. In the interest of increasing availability, there will be onsite locations in Missoula, Billings and Butte for a limited capacity audience. If you would like to attend in person at one of these sites, please indicate via registration. We will also consider requests from small groups in other locations who would like to attend in person. Please contact MTGEC in advance to arrange at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-243-2453.
Participants will identify strategies they could use to implement or expand Age-Friendly Health Care and the 4 M’s in their practice setting.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify the four essential elements that comprise the 4 M’s framework of an Age-Friendly Health System: What Matters, Mobility, Medication and Mentation.
- Describe methods to determine what matters most to older adults and align their outcome goals and care preferences accordingly.
- Describe the benefits of physical activity and fall risk screening for the older adult to help maintain mobility.
- Identify potential drug-related problems and possible interventions to optimize medication use in older adults.
- Discuss strategies to identify, prevent, and coordinate care of older adults with dementia, depression, or delirium.
Target Audience (CEU’s available):
Nurses and APRNs, nursing home administrators, occupational therapists, pharmacists, physical therapists, physicians, physician assistants, psychologists, social workers, and other health care professionals.